Thursday, December 20, 2012

Tree Canvas!




 Yesterday I was thinking about a project I saw on a blog and I thought I would give it a try. Now, I will tell you my project is not as wonderful as the original that you can see at artsyvava.
Hers is painted on a wood block and has fabulous distressing. I did not have a wooden block but I did have a blank canvas that I was going to use for a different project so I decided to give it a try because I knew I could paint over anything that was just terrible. I mixed three different paints to get a shade that would work in my dining room. And inside my Mom's paints I found some diamond dust so I sprinkled some of that on top also. I had wooden blocks that spell joy that I also had for a different project. I painted them, distressed a little and then hot glued them onto the canvas.

The original had buttons on the tree which I loved and have not decided if I will add them or not. But I do have a set of rice lights with 35 tiny lights on them. I am thinking of poking little holes in the canvas and sticking little lights through. Now my daughter and husband do not want me to do that but I think it might be awesome. I could always glue the buttons on top of the holes if I didn't like it. What do you think?  My painting is much more simple that the original and her branches we so much more defined but this is my first ever experience with painting and I thought I had better let it alone.
 This last picture is just a look at the tree before the joy was added...I would like to thank you the wonderful bloggers for sharing their projects with all of us...for the inspiration to give it a try. I am happy with my first attempt.

6 comments:

Farmchick said...

Very pretty....you did a great job!! Come over for a visit. :)

Artsy VaVa said...

I think yours is wonderful too! Thanks for giving me credit for the original. I love to see when people actually try the projects I post!!! Merry Christmas!

Primitive Stars said...

Very beautiful, great job, Blessings Francine.

Polly said...

love it!! so serene and pretty!

Bonnie@Creative Decorating said...

I think it is great! Very soft and pretty!

Have a Merry Christmas!

Linda said...

OMG!! It's wonderful!! How large was your canvas??
I love it just the way it is.....