Friday, December 28, 2012

Pine cones From Wool

I started working on a craft yesterday and I thought I would share. Since Christmas decorations will be coming down soon I thought I would add a few new winter decorations. These little pine cones were just what I was looking for. This is my pile of material from a winter white wool coat that I picked up at the thrift store. The full tutorial is here and here

This is what I came up with so far. I will be making a few more and I am considering  a little glitter????? What do you think?


This is our driveway this morning. The trees are covered in frost, it is so beautiful. Our sweet friend stopped by and plowed out our driveway! Well, I am off to work on a few more pine cones let me know if you try this project. You will notice that the tutorial is for brown pine cones...I just wanted to lighten things up!

I am so honored that I was featured here Please stop by and visit all the featured homes!

Here is an up close and personal look at the 5 cones I have done. I will tell you that the second tutorial is much easier than the first but it is a lot of cutting!!


6 comments:

Old Time Cindy said...

Those pine cones are adorable. And of course, they are perfect in white. Congrats on being featured!
Farmhouse hugs,
Cindy

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

Oh, I love the pinecones! I need to try a few. I think I have a bit of white wool. Finding old wool pieces at thrift store is such a good idea. I look now and then, but haven't had alot of luck. Thanks for sharing them with us!
Hugs,
Jann

Rugs and Pugs said...

Great pine cones!
Happy New Year.
Hugs :)
Lauren

Linda said...

Too cute!! I must try these since my tree stays up till New Years!!
Congrats on being featured. I'm your newest follower.

Deneen@dreaming-n-color said...

Very clever.Thanks for visiting me :)

Unknown said...

I am lovin' the pine cones! I just got some nice brown felt! I need to try this! Your home is so beautiful! I keep looking back over your Christmas decor. I just love it so!!!! I love your vintage and white look with strong pops of red! Thank you for posting these crafts! I love them all!

Blessings,
Heather