Saturday, December 22, 2012

Kitchen Part one...Santa

  My Mom was a talented artist and crafter. Every year she would long to be home for Christmas but instead was in Florida. She missed us so to fill that void she would paint Santa's of all shape and colors. When she made one...she actually made four of each..one for each of her children. So I had placed my collection above my kitchen cabinets as my tribute to her.


This one is ceramic and one of my favorites.

These Santas are wooden with many tiny pieces in his pack..

I have always loved gingerbread men and Mom would purchase or make me many sets of them also. But this year most of my gingerbread remained in storage and I went with Santa.



While Mom was sick I cross stitched her a beautiful cardinal with Christmas ivy, both of which she loved. Mom was so happy when I finished this and told me she loved it!
 
One year I received a box in the mail and here was this charming gingerbread. Mom had made the pattern and once sewed she shipped it to me as a surprise! I love her and she brings a smile to my face.

Again, more of the santas she painted for us.








These are all above my cabinets and I will share the rest of my kitchen in part two....
I was truly blessed with a loving and giving Mother...my Christmas wish is to be more like her.

2 comments:

frances said...

They are all awesome..you are so lucky to have a mom like that. Merry Christmas Frances

Unknown said...

They are so dear! Such talent! I love how you have them placed. I love the ones on the corners of door moldings.

My mother-in-law paints similarly to your mother. I have a set of ornaments that she painted. I decided to go with a hand-painted wood Santa theme in some areas of my house. Your decor and my decor would like each other and be friends! :)

Blessings during this time of remembrance- of Christ's birth and of family.

Love and hugs!
Heather