Friday, December 7, 2012

Christmas in the Living Room.


  I have been promising to get a picture of my living room and so today I have taken a few but honestly they are not my best pictures. But you can get an idea of the whole room from end to end.
  This is where we live. My favorite spot is the end of the sofa where the white blanket and red pillow are...right now there is a little dog under that white  blanket. I usually sit there and stitch and blog or look at those magazines.


On the wreath in the front window this is the nest, I think it is so beautiful!
A close up of the gold tree.









Another picture during the light of day...it makes the walls look a little darker!

This bird cage is one of the most popular things in the room...it makes everyone smile.

The stockings are hung. I made them a few years ago and even though I have gone with a white them, they seem to work with the new chair and the gold tree. I am so happy we purchased the gold tree this  year. It has been a nice addition to our room.

A close up of the table. I know it is difficult to see but the frame has a punch needle of Santa and a deer. The Christmas cactus was my Mother's and it has not bloomed since she passed...I wonder if it can feel my sadness? I am so thankful I have it.
 Thanks for sharing your time with me, I enjoy having you here.

4 comments:

Old Time Cindy said...

Your room is very warm, welcoming, and so festive. Thanks for sharing and joining in at the Old Time Party!
Farmhouse hugs,
Cindy

The Farmers Daughter said...

Everything is so beautiful. That tree is gorgeous! I sit on my couch and do my blogging and other projects, too!
Christmas Blessings!
Dru

Kristine - A Graceful Home said...

Your decorations look great...That gold tree is fabulous! Thanks for stopping by!

cynthia lee designs said...

Found you through the Old Time Party. Your living room is so pretty!! Love the gold tree!!
~Cindy