Sunday, January 6, 2008



I found some wonderful deals at the after Christmas sales and I thought I might show a few of them. Hobby Lobby had just priced their items at 80% off when we discovered the sale. I found this wonderful garland all glittery with pine cones and a little green...perfect for when I take down the stair railing and put this up for the rest of the winter....it will really be cheery, I think. The little pair of skate I found at Kohls last year but I just started putting out my winter items so I thought I would share a pic of them too.
As far as the bedroom goes....I put on my work jeans and went to that room...sat in the chair and tryed to come up with as many ideas as possible...I am seriously thinking of pulling up the carpeting very soon and seeing what condition the hardwood floors are in....If I don't pull up the carpet then the room will be blue and brown similar to the bathroom since those two rooms are close together. If the carpeting goes then the sky is the limit....now that would be fun! We will see.

5 comments:

Linda said...

You did find some great things. I love the garland and it will really look nice on your bannister, and the skates are the cutest.
If you pull up the carpet are you going to re-carpet or polish up the floors and use scatter rugs? Sounds like a great decorating project with lots of possibilities. Linda

BittersweetPunkin said...

I wish I had a Hobby Lobby here in WA...sigh.....doesn't the New Year make you want to just change everything??LOL Hubby and I were just going to put all the Christmas boxes away last night and we ended up doing the ENTIRE garage!!
Blessings,
Robin

the said...

I love the skates, Im on a search to find some ! By the way, I still teach in the Public Schools, I teach reading K-3 grade. I really do love my job !
Have a great week,
Stephanie

Cottage Contessa said...

I love those little skates! So sweet. I'm all for pulling up carpet! Anytime we move house, it's always the first thing to go!
Good luck sweetie!
Amanda (aka Cottage Contessa)

Priscilla said...

Hi, I love the winter skates!
i have been trying to think of ideas for winter decor now all the christmas decorations are down, your garland is lovely too!

Priscilla x