Sunday, October 3, 2010

With These Hands...wool runner

  Well yesterday I wanted to post my wool runner but for most of the day our internet was not working. It is so amazing how much that bothered me. There were so many things I had planned (and blogs to visit) but ...nothing. I would run back in and check it every hour...lol I think that is not a good thing!
 I wanted to show you he progress I have made on my wool runner. I am going to hang it under my fireplace mantle when I get it done.
Actually, I have worked on since the photo and I am now to the next little red flower. I don't mind all the little pieces but what I don't like is all the pins I had to put in it to hold it in place while I stitch the rest. I have poked myself so many times. The name of the pattern book is With These Hands by Maggie Bonanomie she also has a book named Comfort Zone with similar patterns.
 Well, I have to close for now...another day with too much to do. Be Blessed!

14 comments:

Holly Hills Primitives said...

I think I have that book too. I want to make the quilt that's in there one of these days! Can't wait to see your pics when you get your runner finished. Have a great day, Dawn

Cath's Pennies Designs said...

That design is beautiful! Such a great idea to hang it under the mantle too. Please be sure to show it when it's done. :)
Cathy

my3Kitties said...

Try useing a stick glue or i use heat & bond to iron on my pieces to avoid useing pins. Hope this helps. I have loved Maggie's patterns forever - you'll have to post a picture of your final piece hung up! happy stitching!

. said...

That is beautiful!!

Janet - underthewillow said...

it's gorgeous Dianntha!!

Janet

Ann said...

Dianntha, That is beautiful! I like to use a glue stick to hold pieces in place instead of pins. Can't wait to see it when you are completely done. ~Ann

cynthia lee designs said...

I have the same book, but I haven't made anything from it yet. Can't wait to see your runner when it is finished.

~Cindy~
cynthialeedesigns.wordpress.com

Donetta said...

It is beautiful.
Try some fabric glue stick. Found at fabric/quilt stores. Or even a f usable type. Do not use steam with wool however. It will remove the use of the pins.
If you are unable to find the glue or fusible adhesive. Try this trick.
Use a blunt needle and poke through the applique into the base. With some wool this will work. It is called felting.

Blu said...

What a beautiful design! It's coming along so well.

My Colonial Home said...

Oh how beautiful....
I never use pins...the design pieces still like to move when I used them so I soon foun out that the RoseArt glue stick and the Elmers school glue stick work BEAUTIFULLY...you don't need much - just enough to hold it in place and not sticky pins!
Karen

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, I love it!! It's gorgeous!

Rugs and Pugs said...

Your runner is gorgeous. It will look wonderful on your fireplace under your mantle.
I love that book. I have not yet worked anything from the book, but I've already cut the linen to hook the red primrose rug.
I'm glad your computer is back up and running. That is so frustrating!
Pug hugs :)
Lauren

Susan said...

Your runner is beautiful. I also have used glue stick or fusible adhesive to hold pieces in place while I stitch. Isn't it great to get practical advice from folks that have actually experienced the same things? Congrats on your weight loss!

Linda said...

Dianntha, your runner is just so pretty....I think it will be gorgeous under the mantel...hugs, Linda